Plainville man dies after house fire Thursday

Plainville man dies after house fire Thursday



reporter photo

PLAINVILLE — A town man died from injuries suffered in a house fire on Fairbanks Street Thursday morning, a hospital spokesman confirmed Friday.

Stephen Androwski, 45, was taken to the Connecticut Burn Center at Bridgeport Hospital after being rescued from a fire at his home Thursday morning. On Friday John Cappiello, hospital spokesman, confirmed that Androwski died Thursday night.

Firefighters responded to 20 Fairbanks St. around 10:20 a.m. and called for assistance from surrounding towns, including Southington and New Britain. According to the fire marshal, a father lives on the first floor of the home and his son lives on the second floor.

Androwski was initially taken by ambulance to the Hospital of Central Connecticut in New Britain and then flown to Bridgeport Hospital’s burn center. His father was taken to the hospital for evaluation.

According to town records, the home is owned by Thomas G. and Candace A. Kiely, who list a mailing address in the Plantsville section of Southington.

lsellew@record-journal.com
203-317-2225
Twitter: @LaurenSellewRJ


Advertisement

Read more articles like this and help support local journalism by subscribing to the Record Journal.

Unlimited Digital Access just 99¢

Read more articles like this by subscribing to the Record Journal.

Unlimited Digital Access for just 99¢